We strongly believe that you have the ability to take charge of your situation, and we trust that you are capable of making the choices best suited to your needs.
Respect, empathy and confidentiality are our core values.
Be assured that you will receive professional, courteous and confidential services.
In particular, our legal information team can :
- Inform you on the various recourses available and legal and administrative procedures;
- Inform you on the various private dispute prevention and resolution processes;
- Help you get additional support through specialized resources;
However, they cannot :
- Provide you with legal counsel;
- Complete forms for you;
- Provide legal representation in court;
- Take the decisions for you;
- City of Saguenay;
- Fjord-du-Saguenay Regional County Municipality;
- Domaine-du-Roy Regional County Municipality;
- Maria-Chapdelaine Regional County Municipality;
- Lac-Saint-Jean-Est Regional County Municipality.
Our Center is active on social media! Our regional Facebook page is the perfect place to follow our news, our legal information sessions and to keep yourself informed of legal developments! Follow us on Facebook.
Jurists-lecturers in action
This program offers to organizations, businesses, associations or groups of citizens situated in Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, various free of charge legal information sessions
The jurists of the CJP and volunteered jurists-lecturers present those sessions. In fact, we rely on the expertise of external professionals, lawyers and notaries in the region, to provide high-quality conferences on interesting topics.
To learn more about this service, visit the page : Jurists-lecturers in action!
Information sessions at your fingertips!
Various legal information sessions are currently offered in French:
• Common-law partnership vs. Marriage
• There is no age to know your rights
• Psychological harassment at work
• The ABC of a residential lease
• And many others!
Consult our services offer (in French only), which includes the complete list of our information sessions and their summary.
Legal information sessions are offered free of charge to groups of 10 or more. However, for groups of less than 10 people, the applicant organization must defray the travel expenses.
In order to benefit from the services of a jurist-lecturer, we invite you to complete the Request for Information Sessions form (in French only) and send it to us by email at the following address: email@example.com or contact us by phone.
Do you want to get involved as a jurist-lecturer?
By becoming a volunteered jurist-lecturer, you help make Justice more accessible!
In addition, for lawyers, the Barreau du Québec, for continuing education purpose, may recognize your involvement.
Are you interested in the experience?
Complete the Volunteer Registration Form (in French Only) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also looking for volunteer promotion officers and volunteer coordinators. Help us make Justice more accessible!
Recent legal columns
Would you like to know more about a specific subject of law or are you looking for an answer to a particular question? Read our legal articles and flash columns, or test your knowledge with our questions “True or False”!
You can also find our publications on our Facebook page!
- Les actions collectives – Avril 2019 (In French only.)
- Rupture : les droits des copropriétaires – Mai 2019 (In French only)
- L’IVAC : Indemnisations des victimes d’actes criminels – Mai 2019 (In French only)
- Qu’est-ce que la clause de dérogation? – Juin 2019 (In French only)
- Les objets oubliés par l’ancien locataire – Juin 2019 (In French only)
- Différend avec un voisin : les limites de votre terrain – Juillet 2019 (In French only)
- Les protections en cas d’inaptitude – Juillet 2019 (In French only)
- La pêche sportive – Août 2019 (In French only)
- La rentrée scolaire – Août 2019 (In French only)
- La charte des voyageurs – Septembre 2019 (In French only)
- Recherche d’emploi – Septembre 2019 (In French only)
- Demande de pardon simplifié : cannabis – Octobre 2019 (In French only)
- La médiation – Octobre 2019 (In French only)
Collection of legal columns
Did you know that for nearly three years, the Center has published numjusticedeproximite.qc.ca/…/Chronique-mai-2019.pdferous legal columns as part of its monthly newsletter?
Touching all legal fields and presenting in clear terms the legal concepts of current affairs, you will find these publications, as well as our more recent articles, in the following collections of legal columns :
- Collection of legal chronicles 2016-2017 : family mediation, itinerant merchant, pets and housing, cybercrime, and more! (In French only)
- Collection of legal chronicles 2015-2016: housing rights, use of cell phone while driving, medically assisted suicide, marriage abroad, warranties, and more! (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2018-2019 (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2016-2017 (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2015-2016 (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2014-2015 (In French only)