The Nunavik Community Justice Center (NCJC) is a gateway to the Justice System. The NCJC is committed to listening and supporting Nunavimmiut who are experiencing a situation involving legal issues.
Our goal is to help citizens better understand the essential legal aspects of their situation as well as options available to them.
We are dedicated to offering a professional service and our actions are guided by the following values: impartiality, respect, confidentiality and empathy. We believe that you have the ability to take charge of your situation and that with stronger knowledge, you are capable of making choices in response to your specific needs.
Nouveau service de prémédiation familiale
Ce service a pour but d’informer les ex-conjoints sur la médiation familiale et de les aider à se préparer avant la médiation.
Ce service est gratuit et offert à tous les ex-conjoints, mariés ou non, avec ou sans enfant commun à charge.
Pour en savoir plus, visitez : avantlamediation.ca.
The NCJC :
- provides legal information useful for better choice-making;
- offers free workshops and information sessions on legal and law-related matters;
- provides referrals to specialized resources, such as: community or governmental agencies or legal professionals;
- assists you in conflict resolution;
- notary services.
What we can NOT do :
- determine your chances of success in court;
- dictate what you should say in court;
- represent you in court;
- provide legal opinions;
- make decisions on your behalf.
Covered areas :
All Nunavik communities
[Youtube videos] Understanding the criminal justice process
Assault causing bodily harm and threat to cause harm :
A drinking and driving offense causing bodily harm to a victim :
- To come