The Montérégie Community Justice Center (MCJC) has been created in order to provide an accessible gateway on the judicial system. By providing a unique and personalized service, the Center’s staff strives to ensure that individuals feel supported in their legal issues.
It is also a hub of information on the various dispute prevention and resolution processes (ex. mediation), and it reaches out to citizens by creating innovative tools so they can discover these alternatives and better understand them.
Be assured that you will receive professional, courteous and confidential services based on active feedback and that you will be better equipped to make the choices best suited to your needs.
The MCJC :
- Welcomes you to its facilities, answers your questions and targets your needs;
- Informs you on the law in order to help you make better decisions;
- Informs you on various conflict management approaches that don’t require the court’s involvement, namely negotiation, mediation and arbitration, and provides you with tools to better understand these options;
- Steers you towards specialized resources like governmental agencies or community organisations, a law professional or a mediator;
- Offers you free information sessions on judicial or law-related matters.
What we can NOT do :
- Provide you with legal counsel or assess your chances of success;
- Complete forms or write legal documents for you;
- Suggest what you should be saying in a court of law;
- Provide legal representation in court or in front of various agencies;
- Make decisions on your behalf.
The region of Montérégie
Please note that the MCJC only serves the citizens of Montérégie :
- Acton RCM
- Beauharnois-Salaberry RCM
- Brome-Missisquoi RCM
- Haut-Saint-Laurent RCM
- Haut-Richelieu RCM
- Haute-Yamaska RCM
- Jardins-de-Napierville RCM
- Longueuil RCM
- Marguerite-D’Youville RCM
- Maskoutains RCM
- Pierre-De Saurel RCM
- Roussillon RCM
- Rouville RCM
- Vallée-du-Richelieu RCM
- Vaudreuil-Soulanges RCM
- Infolettre – Juin 2018 : des nouvelles de votre Centre de justice de proximité, un service de médiation à votre disposition et une séance d’information à venir. (In french only)
- Infolettre – Septembre 2018 (In french only)
- Infolettre – Novembre 2018 (In french only)
- Infolettre – Décembre 2018 (In french only)
- Infolettre – Février 2019 : un service de médiation maintenant à votre disposition (In french only)