Promoting access to justice by fostering the participation of citizens through legal information, support and referral services provided in complement with existing resources.
Being a recognized source of legal information and referral, close to the public, aiming at making justice more accessible and increasing confidence in the legal system.
- Respect and empathy
Nouveau service de prémédiation familiale
Ce service est gratuit et offert à tous les ex-conjoints, mariés ou non, avec ou sans enfant commun à charge.
Ce nouveau service de prémédiation permet plus précisément :
- de recevoir de l’information sur la médiation (rôle du médiateur, fonctionnement de la médiation, avantages et inconvénients de la médiation, etc.);
- de recevoir les informations nécessaires pour évaluer si la médiation familiale est un processus approprié dans sa situation;
- d’obtenir de l’information juridique générale en lien avec sa situation;
- d’obtenir de l’aide pour inviter son ex-conjoint en médiation;
- d’en apprendre davantage sur ce qu’est une bonne préparation à la médiation (trucs, astuces, exercices, outils, etc.);
- d’avoir de l’aide pour trouver un médiateur familial.
Pour en savoir plus, contactez-nous au 1-844-522-6900.
The Community Justice Centers’ legal information services are free and confidential for all citizens, regardless of their income or the legal nature of their problem.
In particular, their services include:
- Legal information enabling the citizen to understand the various legal situations of everyday life and to make informed decisions;
- Referral to various legal, community or other resources enabling the citizen to choose the service corresponding to his/her needs;
- Support and assistance in establishing the citizen’s legal needs and available options;
- Help to the citizen in choosing the appropriate legal form and providing explanations to fill it out properly.
Here are some examples of situations where a citizen could benefit from information, support or referral services in a Community Justice Center:
- A landowner, in conflict with his neighbor, wonders whether mediation could help solve the conflict;
- A tenant wants to know if his landlord can refuse the subletting of his apartment during his upcoming trip abroad;
- An individual wishes to know whether the Small Claims Division is the appropriate forum to claim unpaid amounts in virtue of a contract;
- An elderly person wants to better understand the notarial will’s advantages;
- A single father wants to obtain information on child support for children over the age of 18;
- An individual must provide his court docket to his future employer and does not understand its content.
Our legal information mission :
The Community Justice Centers provide legal information, support and referral services, but cannot provide legal advice or opinions.
Legal information consists in providing a general explanation of the law, presenting the different options available to you or referring to specific laws and regulations susceptible of being relevant to your situation.
Legal advice consists of applying the law to your specific situation, recommending a specific course of action or strategy you should adopt and assessing your chances of success.
|We answer your legal
|We do not answer your
legal opinion or counsel requests
|How can I cancel the support payable for my child who is over 18? Are there resources that can help me?||What are my chances of winning in court? Is my evidence sufficient?|
|How can I execute my judgment?||Can you represent me in court?|
|I lost my job. What are my rights?||Can you review the documents I’ve prepared? Is my file complete?|
|Can my landlord forbid me to sublet my apartment?||Can you write my application, my formal demand letter, etc.?|
|I bought a used car that no longer works. What are the seller’s obligations?||Can you refer me to a good lawyer?|
|My neighbor threatens to cut my hedge. Are there any options other than court proceedings?||Should I sign this contract/agreement? Is this a good deal?|
|Is there a specialized organization that can help me?||Can you help me develop the best strategy in order to resolve my issue?|
The Community Justice Centers are involved in numerous initiatives that bring together many legal, community and governmental players and having for theme access to justice:
- «Comité directeur du Forum québécois sur l’accès à la justice en matière civile et familiale»;
- «Table provinciale de concertation en matière de petites créances»;
- «Projet Atlas et Mappemonde des modes d’intervention en situation de conflits pour l’accès à la justice».