The Centers have been created in order to provide an accessible gateway on the judicial system. By providing a unique and personalized service, the Center’s staff strives to ensure that individuals feel supported in their legal issues.
Our jurists strongly believe that every person has the ability to take charge of their situation, and trust that they are capable of making the choices best suited to their needs. After receiving explanations regarding the law in plain language and in a respectful and open environment, the individual acquires the confidence to make an informed decision.
Be assured that you will receive professional, courteous and confidential services based on active listening and that you will be better equipped to make the choices best suited to your needs.
What we can do :
- Inform you on the law;
- Inform you on the various recourses available and legal and administrative procedures;
- Inform you on the various private dispute prevention and resolution processes (ex. mediation);
- Help you get additional support through specialized resources.
What we can not do :
- Provide you with legal counsel or assess your chances of success;
- Complete forms or write legal documents for you;
- Suggest what you should be saying in a court of law;
- Provide legal representation in court;
- Take decisions for you
Before visiting the Center : How should one prepare ?
Prepare your questions in advance. List and bring all relevant documents to facilitate the understanding of your file.
Examples : Invoice | Judgment | Contract | Letter | etc.
What is the best time to visit the Center?
The staff has no control over wait times. To maximize your chances of meeting a lawyer, it is strongly recommended to arrive at least one hour prior to closing time. The lunch hour is often the busiest time.
- L’Ile d’Orléans
- La Côte de Beaupré
- La Haute-St-Charles
- La Jacques-Cartier
- Les Rivières
- La Nouvelle-Beauce
- Les Appalaches
- Les Etchemins
Guides and tools
Dispute prevention and resolution (DPR) processes
- L’obligation de considérer les modes PRD depuis le 1er janvier 2016 (In French only)
- Guide d’information sur les modes PRD (In French only)
- La preuve civile aux petites créances (In French only)
- Liste des ressources – petites créances (In French only)
Separation and divorce
- Liste des ressources: modifier ou annuler la pension alimentaire pour enfants (In French only)
- Liste des ressources: la séparation des conjoints mariés (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2016-2017 (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2015-2016 (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2014-2015 (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2013-2014 (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2012-2013 (In French only)
- Rapport annuel 2011-2012 (In French only)